TOP SIX TIPS IN GETTING YOURSELF NOTICED ON THE WEB
Before we start please remember after creating or editing articles press save or update
1. If you haven’t uploaded a profile picture then please feel free to do so. You can change this on “my page” by clicking your profile pic and following the instructions.
2. Ensure you have completed your “profile information”. You can edit /add to the information that you were asked for on sign up by finding the pencil symbol and edit button. Repeat your business name a few times as this attracts attention of search engines. It is also very important that you use effective tags (or keywords) that people will use and that will be picked up by search engines such as Google and Yahoo . For instance a joinery business might use words such as loft conversions, first fix, roofs, kitchens etc. Unique and targeted words will get you noticed more readily so think very carefully about these. For example bespoke joinery, individually designed kitchens etc.may be used. More about this later
3. Rearrange your web page (my page). Put eye catching pictures of the work you do towards the top so it keeps the visitor on your page. You have 4 seconds to impress a visitor that finds your page and they are more likely to stay and read about you and your business if you have interesting photographs. You are able to shuffle around the various modules by hovering the cursor over the top grey band until you the move symbol appears.So make the most of this facility.
4. Start a web log, that is a Blog. These can be in the form of commentary on a particular subject, a diary of activities or as a advertising tool. A typical blog combines text, images, and links to other blogs, web pages, and other media related to its topic. The ability of readers to leave comments in an interactive format is an important part of blogs.Blog about your latest project and include photographs. Blog about your latest product or special deals. Blog about a new product or material you are using. This will get you noticed on the web and will drive traffic to your page
5. Post a discussion item on the forum area, read and respond to posts by other members. This will not only get you noticed by other members andbut also by the wider internet community researching subject matter. Any building related subject can be discussed here. Use the “add” button and away you go. If the discussion category isn’t there then they don’t worry as it will be noticed by a moderator and will be added.
6. More about Tags. A blog and a forum needs keywords. I cant stress to much how important these words are as they will be picked up by search engines. So include them within your article at the end of your article. Again you may find the Moderators will change or add tags used to optimise the site for search engines.